Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mr. & Mrs. Abito

Woohoo! Last wedding of the year! And I couldn't have asked for a better couple to work with. Jessica and Ryan were married at the Redlands Temple. This was actually the first Mormon wedding that I've shot. I love the getting ready and ceremony shots and initially I was a little bummed about not getting to shoot those. But, when you don't have the preparation and ceremony to shoot, there's more time for pictures with the bride and groom, which is my favorite part of the day :) After shooting at the temple for a bit, I took Jessica and Ryan to Scripps College, which is a gorgeous place to shoot. Jessica and Ryan were a bit tired, but they were up for anything, which makes my job easy. I knew after shooting their engagement session that they were totally photogenic and easy to work with. Their engagement session was one of my favorite this year.

Besides the bride and groom being fantastic, their friends and family were so welcoming! Shooting a wedding 6 (almost 7) months pregnant isn't the easiest thing, but they made sure I was fed and rested and offered to help with everything. I also have the best second shooter in the world. Without Sandie by my side these last couple of months I don't know what I would have done. She makes sure my preggo brain is in check and I don't leave any lenses out and makes sure I have all the shots I need. And it's her birthday today! Happy birthday Sandie! And I've also had a great assistant for my last two weddings. Jen has helped lug my gear around and I totally appreciate it.

Jessica and Ryan, thank you so much for allowing me to capture your special day and for moving your wedding date so I can enjoy my birthday next weekend :) You guys are awesome and I wish you nothing but happiness in the future! I hope you two have an awesome time on your cruise! Here's your slideshow!






























I'm done with weddings for two months, but I will be blogging lots of family shoots and some engagement shoots so stay tuned! I will also be doing a review of all of my favorite details from my wedding this year in December so be sure to check back!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jennifer Elaine said...

Great Pics! Love the one of the bride and bridesmaids posing.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

Wow, your work is captivating. I found you through Kristi. You make me want to take up photography. But I think my husband would divorce me if I picked up one more passion, so I'll simply stick to admiring others' photos for now. Amazing stuff!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger sandie jo salisbury said...

Thanks for the birthday wish! I have learned so much from you over the past months! These pictures are so beautiful!!!!!I lov your dancing pictures and the college shots!!!!! you really rocked this one!

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS SO MUCH DREW! Everything came out so amazing!! Have a fun birthday weekend!!!!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Your shots are amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home