Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's Football Season!



No, not the NFL. College football! It's my most favorite time of year. All of you that know me know how much I LOVE my UCLA Bruins. So, yesterday Chuck and I went up to Westwood for an afternoon of Diddy Reese, reminiscing on campus, and to watch our Bruins practice. We met up with our friend Christy who works on campus as an advisor for the communications department. Her awesome boss Jane made us a yummy cake! I think it was to make up for the fact that when I was an undergrad there she didn't let me into the communications department :) It's extremely competitive to get into the communications department at UCLA. I ended up being a Sociology major, which was great because there were less classes to take :)

Then we headed down to Spaulding Field to watch practice. Open practice is so awesome because you are just feet away from the team and there were only about 30 people there watching. The other great thing about open practice is being SO close to Coach Dorrell (Coach Karl as I like to call him). I heart Coach Karl! So, when practice was over Christy and Chuck made me wait for Coach Karl. Chuck asked if we could take a picture with him and then proceeded to tell him that I was in love with him. Not that I loved him, but that I was "in" love with him! How embarrassing (but totally cool at the same time)! Chuck also pointed to my stomach and introduced Coach Karl to the newest Bruin fan and he congratulated us. I also got to thank him for beating 'SC last year. He was totally cool and such a nice guy! I'm sure we totally embarrassed him, but I can't help it if I love him! Besides meeting Britney Spears and UCLA beating 'SC last year I think this might have been the best day of my life! Here's the picture of the three of us. Thanks so much to Christy for taking it for us!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

I know that picture goes down further!! Where is the bump he is talking about! I want to see the bump! LOL :)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Ahhhh...You look so "in love" in this picture! I hope that hubby of yours is not too jealous! ;)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cheryl Newhard said...

I think it's time for you to let go of Britney, Drew.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Joyful Weddings and Events said...

That is so amazing- I am jealous about the picture :) I am almost giddy for saturday. We'll both need to get some little bruin bearwear soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home