Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mr. & Mrs. Tanaka

I've been looking forward to Cindy and Jared's wedding for a long time! Cindy and Jared are amazing people and have become much more than clients to me. They are really an inspiration and an example of what true love really is. Those of you who read my blog regularly know of their story and know that Cindy and Jared have gone through more in the past three months than most people have to go through in a lifetime. So this wedding was extra special for the two of them and their family and friends and I was so lucky to be a part of it. Cindy is one of the more giving and selfless people that I know, even in a time when she should be totally selfish and only thinking of herself. I hope that if I'm ever faced with a similar situation that I could carry myself with as much grace and courage as Cindy does. She is really an inspiration to me and anyone that knows her is better for it.

That being said, it was a beautiful day for a wedding. Jeff came all the way up from San Diego to shoot with me and we met up with Cindy and her fabulous bridesmaids at the Huntington Beach Hyatt. Although Cindy had said earlier in the week that she was nervous for the big day she looked totally calm and collected and beautiful as always.







Cindy's rock!

I love this shot of Cindy's bridesmaids helping her into her dress. One of my favorites of the day.



Cindy and Jared were married at the Japanese Gardens at Cal State Long Beach. It was an absolutely beautiful day for a wedding!

This is my favorite shot of the day. There were actually a lot of people all around, but it looks like she's all by herself.



Jeff did a great job of capturing Cindy's emotions during the ceremony.







Cindy and her beautiful bridesmaids. I've loved getting to know these girls. They always make me feel so welcome when I'm around :)



My favorite little ring bearer!










Cindy and Jared's reception was at S Restaurant in Westminster. The whole staff there was great! The owners were so attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. And the food was great!

Check out the gorgeous cake!

Friends and family have been folding paper cranes for Cindy. It's a Japanese folklore that if you make 1,000 origami cranes and make a wish, your wish will come true.







This is my favorite shot of the night. I love Jared's grandmas reaction as she catches the bouquet! Too cute!


And check out who caught the garter! Lucky guy!


Cindy and Jared, thanks again for letting me be a part of your very special day. I love you guys and you better call me to photograph your 50th anniversary! Here's your slideshow!

PS To all Cindy and Jared's guests, I will be donating all profits from their print sales to Cindy and Jared. Click here to pre-register to see their pictures in 4 - 6 weeks. Let's see how much money we can raise for them!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Drew..these are beautiful! I'm sure Cindy and Jared will treasure these memories for many years to come!!

The one of grandma catching the bouquet is adorable!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

I had so much fun! The shot you grabbed of Cindy when we were walking through that hallway at the Hyatt is awesome, definitely one of my favorites!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

This has got to be one of your best weddings! And it's perfect for such a deserving and amazing couples...so happy for them! :)

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Christine D. said...

You and Jeff did a GREAT job, Drew! All of your pictures are amazing and thank you for capturing these precious moments during all the events of my Aunt's wedding.

(I was the girl with the camcorder. Hope I didn't get in your way at the wedding! =])

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You really caught the monment on these. Real;ly nice work.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew... Thank you so much for your beautiful pictures of my friends Cindy and Jared. You and Jeff are amazing. The slideshow brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you came into our lives! I really have to thank Lisa Lobel for introducing you to me!! :D Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger ray said...

Drew, wonderful pix as usual. I especially like the one of the ring bearer. He is so cute. I know, I know, I am a little biased since he is my son.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Amy Martin said...

Beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home