Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I heart NYC!

After a nice and relaxing week in Maine, Chuck and I headed to NYC for a couple not so relaxing, but very fun days. I've always wanted to do an engagement session in NYC, but I wasn't sure how to find a couple to shoot. In July I met with Alex and her mom and it just so happens that Alex and her fiance Corey live in the city. How awesome is that? They are getting married next July up in Santa Ynez and I was really excited when they were up for shooting their engagement pictures in New York.

Alex and Corey met while getting their masters at Columbia University so we started their shoot there. I don't think any school can be much prettier than my alma mater, UCLA, but Columbia was beautiful! Tons of great places to shoot, but unfortunately the freshman were moving in that weekend and they were having a huge concert on the library steps. We still got lots of great pictures though.





Then we went down to Grand Central Station.




And then we took the Subway to the Brooklyn Bridge.
Yeah. I laid on the floor of a NYC subway for this one. Pretty gross...





And lastly we went to the school that Corey teaches at. It's not in the best area of town and I'm glad we were with Corey, but we got the "urban" shots I was after. There's some guy named the cookie monster (or something like that) that lives down there and I'm really glad we didn't run into him!





Chuck and I had so much fun with Alex and Corey, although I did find out that Alex is a Trojan :) . Corey was full of fun facts (he told us about how Lou Gehrig went to Columbia, pointed out where the very first subway station was, and Alex showed us this really cool spot in Grand Central where if someone whispers something on one side of the wall the person in the opposite corner can hear it) and was a great tour guide.

I'm very excited for their wedding next July! Here's the slideshow!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

You laid on the NYC subway floor?! I shall never hug you ever, never again. Good things the pictures were worth it all! :)
Great job, Drew!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Drew!!! Love these! awwwww..memories..when I would wait for the subway I would occasionally see a rat walking across the subway flor..DREW....what in the world we're you thinking!!??? Now that's what I call a hardcore photographer ;-)

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most beautiful pictures I have ever seen of NYC. Alex & Corey are such a gorgeous couple, and you have really done them justice. I cannot wait to see more. The subway shot is one of my favorites . . . it was worth it! I also love the pictures by Corey's school. That personal touch gives the photos a lot of meaning. Awesome work girl!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

These are great I really like #1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home