Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yesterday was my birthday. The big 2-6. I wasn't very excited about turning 26. 25 was a pretty good year. But after all is said and done I had a very good day yesterday. It all started out at 7:30 when we got ding dong ditched and this was left on my doorstep:


This is my teddy bear, Grayson. He was married to my other teddy bear, Teddy. Apparently Grayson missed me and wanted to wish me a happy birthday and drop off some birthday hot chocolate. I'm pretty sure my dad was behind this and if anyone wants to know where I get my dorkiness from, it's my dad :)

Then my husband Chuck showed up at my office with these:





Isn't he sweet? He knows how much I love cupcakes. He got the cupcakes from Sweet Divas, but frosted them himself.

Then I get home and there's this cool fruit basket from my good friends the Greenes! I love these fruit baskets! It was the perfect healthy snack after the cupcakes!


Later that night Chuck surprised me with dinner at the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel in Disneyland. And I was super excited because he got me the new Canon SD900 Powershot camera. I had been wanting a new point and shoot for the last year! I've been spending all my money on my big cameras, which I love, but they just aren't very practical for everyday shooting. This little camera does so much and I love it! Here are some pictures of us at dinner.




After dinner Chuck was going to take me to Disneyland so we could get annual passes. I was a little bummed because I wanted to go with our friends the Greenes to see the Christmas decorations. They have two little kids and it's always so much fun to go to Disneyland with them. We walked around Downtown Disney for a while and Chuck kept getting phone calls so I knew something was up. I took his phone away from him to see who was calling and it was the Greenes! They surprsied me (well, tried to surprise me) with a happy birthday sign (and Owen drew a dead buffalo on it as well). I was SO excited!


The best thing about going to Disneyland on your birthday is that they give you a button so everyone knows it's your birthday! Everyone wishes you a happy birthday as you walk around the park. I think I'm just going to wear it everytime I go to Disneyland from now on.



We went on a couple of rides and Owen even went on Splash Mountain with us. I didn't go on Splash Mountain until I was like 10. He even sat in the very front. He's a brave little kid. I held onto him for dear life because I was afraid he was going to fall out! We got a little wet...





Emma being a ham


Owen being a ham


Thanks to everyone for making my birthday special and thanks to the Greenes for surprising me and to Chuck for planning all of it! You guys are the best!



I'm heading down to San Diego for Sarah and Josh's wedding. It's going to be a long day, but I'm really excited!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't give you permission to use that horrible picture of us on your blog! That is the worst pictures of all of us ever! But besides that I'm so glad we were able to share your special day with you. I just wished Chuck's master plan of surprising you worked, but we had so much fun.

The Greene's heart Drew and Chuck!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even the darn photos that you take on your camera phone are good!!!..... Those cupcakes were delicious!!! THANKS CHUCK!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Cosima Swifka said...

OMG DREW!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love Disneyland, and I LOVE cupcakes too!!! I think we have a lot in common...
What an awesome birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home