Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wicked Awesome!




I LOVE musicals. Absolutely love them. RENT is by far my favorite musical. I've seen it 18 times. I know, I'm weird. I was so excited to hear that Wicked was coming to LA. I've been waiting to see it for a couple of years and didn't get to see it when I went to NYC because I had to see RENT (I HAD to see it on Broadway!).

Chuck's parents took us to see Wicked last night. It was really, really, really good and I highly recommend going to see it while it's in LA. The story is so smart and fun. It's an awesome twist on the Wizard of Oz. What made it more great is that the Wicked Witch, Elphaba, was played by Eden Espinosa who went to the same high school as me. She graduated two years before me and was the original understudy to Idina Menzel (the original Maureen in RENT) on Broadway. I couldn't really see what she looked like under all the green make-up and I recognized her name, but could not remember what she looked like so Chuck and I went to the stage door after the show to talk to her. Chuck is actually her family's optometrist! She was very sweet and is so talented. It's really cool to see someone from your hometown be so successful. So go see Eden and Wicked while it's here!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Kristina said...

Oh WOW! I LOVE Eden's voice! That is amazing. I loved hearing her at performances at Canyon, I think she was in that acapella group?? Wicked, the book, is a great read as well, fyi. I will have to go check out the play.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jasmine said...

Oh, Drew, you're so "Popular" .... ;) hehe

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger MM said...

I'm a RENT freak too...but I have only seen it 7 times!!! It's coming to the Escondido Arts Center in May...already got my tickets! I'll have to check out Wicked too, I've heard great things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home