Sunday, August 27, 2006

When I was little I hated it when people would say my mom didn't look old enough to be my mom. Strangers would comment all the time about how we looked like sisters. My mom, of course, loved it. I hated it.

My mom celebrated her 50th birthday on Saturday night (she'll be the first to remind you that she's still 49 for 8 more days). Now that I'm older I feel fortunate to have a mom who's so young. She's still my mom, but I feel like we've become a lot like sisters too. She's my best friend and I'm so lucky to have such great parents.

Mommy, I love you very much and I hope that the next 50 years are as good as the first! Enjoy your show!

PS Thanks to EB Fraley for an AMAZING performance. If you ever need an entertainer for a party, check him out! Or go see him live. I promise you won't be disappointed! And thanks to Nate, the wonderful bartender, and Brownstone cafe for AWESOME food.


2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By far my favorite slideshow you have done. I love it, and your family. I'm happy everything turned out so perfect.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom is only 43 and has four kids over the age of 21 and three grandkids. So you can only imagine what I heard growing up. i appreciate it now too and I love her so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home